Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Milling project - Cut up work with DEWALT Chopsaw

This page documents the work of my latest project.  This is baseboard trim for the downstiars, Living Room, Family room and Kitchen.

IT started with a pile of 1 X 6 lumber stacked on the ping pong table.
2 16'
4 14'
7 12'
1 10'
1 8'.


 did a layout in Sketchup of all the pieces parts.

Saturday, 4 28 I marked out the parts and cut up all the stock into manageable pieces.
However there remain 2 just over 14' in length.

With a couple supports I was able to do all of the cutup work by myself.


One thing I knew.  The DEWALT chopsaw ( like all of them )  throws sawdust all over.  I was able to get my dust collector attached to the chopsaw and I'd say 95% of the dust went into the can.  Saved a bunch of dust in the air and sweeping to do.  This is a pretty awful rube goldberg method but it worked.  A Good use for Gaffers Tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment